Accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities within our client’s organization. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports — and all this sounds like fun to you. Everyday’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help our client’s team get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible.
A team player at heart, you collaborate with our client’s global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
You will have a strong finance, accounting, and operational background and you should be a well-rounded performer who thrives in a fast paced, demanding environment with the willingness to dig deep into details. You should have a proven track record of accomplishments from a large, complex, global organization.
- Review monthly financial data and make sure all monthly activity has been recorded and reconciled. Provide financial results and analysis to financial analysts and senior management.
- Manage outsourced operational activity, including Service Level Agreements, and identify opportunities to outsource activities or processes to our third party service provider.
- Assist in preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual close presentations for Accounting and Controls management to include preparation of month over month and forecast to actual analysis.
- Provide support to finance management and other internal customers as needs arise, including ad-hoc financial analysis, and special projects.
- Lead, manage and develop team of professionals.
- Review BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- CPA/CA or equivalent.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in public accounting and/or a GovCon organization.
- Experience with Deltek.
- Strong project management, process improvement, and proficiency with spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and to lead and drive complex initiatives.
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with management.