As a Manager, you oversee significant audit engagements, manage talented staff, and assume the role of mentor on audit and accounting technical issues and overall professional development. Our client wants you to bring your own style of leadership to impact partners’ success and coach the people you manage. You will create and implement a personal marketing plan to identify and develop referral source networks and grow our Private Sector, Construction & Real Estate, Manufacturing & Distribution, Commercial, and Non-Profit practice area.
The Principal career path begins with the Manager role. Managers are essentially “Principals in residency” who are gaining the experiences needed to drive the growth of our client’s organization and take on the additional expectations required of our Principals. Managers possess strong client development skills, aptitude for client advisory, and service advocacy.
- Serve clients in a high impact manner, demonstrating command of their major area of specialization.
- Demonstrate deep technical skills, general industry knowledge, and knowledge of the firm’s capabilities.
- Excel at engagement management and operational excellence, developing standards in these areas for the firm.
- Drive new business development opportunities as a high ranking expert and expand existing relationships through demonstrating high value and good strategic partnering capabilities.
- Provide leadership on client engagements, effectively managing the expectations of clients.
- Exhibit strong people management and team building skills.
- Establish leadership authority with team on engagements.
- Work effectively in executing engagement responsibilities.
- Demonstrate personal productivity and maintain high levels of utilization and region profitability by supporting multiple industry and service areas when not working in their respective major areas.
- Understand the firm’s financial model and ensure profitable delivery of engagements.
- Expand technical and professional knowledge through greater exposure to new client situations, regular self-study and formal training opportunities.
- Build lasting relationships with clients and subordinate staff.
- BA/BS degree or Master’s degree in Accounting.
- 6-10 years of experience working in a large services or public accounting firm.
- Ability to travel to client sites.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statement preparation, audits, reviews, and compilations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of developing positive client relationships.
- Demonstrated success in professional development of individuals at all levels involved in audit engagements.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within required time constraints and deadlines.