Manager, Property Accounting
Your financial acumen makes you keenly aware of the bottom line, while your care for a sense of community makes you attentive to human connections. Together, these two traits make you a unique fit for our client’s organization. They rely on the accounting/finance team to help understand company goals, achieve the ambitions of their partners and make their residents’ dreams a reality. In this environment, you’ll have the opportunity to bring your passion for numbers, high-performance work ethics and heart for humanity to their award-winning workplace.
This client is an established real estate company with a diversified portfolio valued at over nine billion dollars. They exist as an organization of extraordinary business intelligence but keep their people at the center of everything they do. As a Manager of Property Accounting, you’ll fulfill a critical role in the day-to-day operation and oversee a diverse team of hyper-talented accountants. The company continues to grow after more than 30 years and the potential for your own career growth in this environment is truly limitless.
- Oversee, mentor, coach and develop a team of 4-6 Senior Property/Residential Accountants to ensure accurate and timely recording and reporting for property level financial statements in accordance with GAAP and other accounting policies.
- Review work and hold team accountable for work quality.
- Manage all aspects of the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close and financial reporting cycles – including schedules/responses related to audits and inquiries from internal and external business partners (e.g. Asset Management, Operations, etc.).
- Achieve/maintain an in-depth knowledge of his/her assigned properties and communicate significant issues impacting the financial results with Assistant Controller, Controller, Regionals and SVPS.
- Document and record ownership-level transactions based on relevant legal documents (e.g. debt agreements, purchase and sales contracts and joint venture agreements).
- Oversee cash management of Property Accountants and maintain tracking schedule of priority payments such as mortgage, tax, insurance
anddistributions to owners, to prevent fines, penalties, or issue.
- Enforce/ensure internal controls and recommend additional procedures to ensure adequate controls, policies, and procedures are in place.
- Responsible for quarterly evaluations of Property Accountants, including discussions of compensation and personnel issues.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality with regards to proprietary information (staff and company related).
- Ability to problem solve independently, and the ability to navigate through problems while maintaining political savvy both internally and externally to prevent items from snowballing.
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing processes and requests while maintaining a positive and contagious spirit.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a corporate accounting setting.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Broad knowledge of accounting principals and practices (GAAP), financial policies/procedures, and internal controls.
- Property Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of property management accounting processes, including the use of any industry-specific software.
- Ability to manage, review, and mentor robust team of accountants.
- Previous experience with Yardi or Yardi Voyager.
- CPA/CA or equivalent.
- High degree of responsibility and initiative with the desire to advance beyond this position.