Manager, Revenue Operations
Nobody loves big numbers like our client’s Finance team when providing in-depth analysis on all matters of strategic decisions across their products and services. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling their automated financial processes, the Finance team is an important partner and advisor to our client’s business. As a member of this team, you’ll find innovative ways to manage their complex set of transactions. You thrive on making processes more efficient and scalable, you work to ensure the highest level of quality of operations and you proactively minimize operational risk.
As a rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial technology company, this client is seeking a gifted leader to head day-to-day revenue operations which includes implementation of policies and procedures in compliance with ASC 606 guidelines, contract review, rebate programs, and billing & collections. You’ll report directly to the VP of Finance/Corporate Controller and oversee the Billings & Collections department.
- Execution of the monthly revenue close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee the Billing & Collections Department – supervise, evaluate and train staff to ensure the month/quarter end close deadlines are met.
- Responsible for the preparation/review of deferred revenue, journal entries, accounts reconciliations, and flux analysis.
- Review new customer contracts to determine proper accounting under ASC 606 and track existing contracts to ensure accurate and timely execution of accounting.
- Lead role responsible for the accounting of rebates in accordance with their customer contracts and tracking processes monthly to ensure completeness.
- Ensure proper billing and accounting for their international customers including foreign currency translation to USD.
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s monthly and quarterly reporting requirements around revenue under ASC 606, along with the accumulation of support for the company’s annual audit.
- Work with the Technical Accounting team and VP Finance/Controller on various technical accounting matters for guidance and implementation of the proper accounting treatment.
- Assist in the improvement of accounting business processes to improve productivity and create operating efficiencies.
- Assist in updating and documenting SOX key controls and process flowchart.
- 5+ years of relevant finance and accounting experience.
- CPA/CA or equivalent.
- Solid grasp of US GAAP including basic understanding of new revenue recognition guidance under ASC 606.
- Strong excel skills and comfortable working with very large data volumes.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable digging into new technical accounting guidance research.
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques.
- Strong understanding of controls related to revenue.
- Big 4 Public Accounting background.
- International accounting experience.