Manager, Risk Advisory
As an integral part of a high-growth team within our client’s organization, you’ll have the opportunity to directly partner with the most exciting publicly traded and privately held companies in the DC region. You’ll exist as a strategic business advisor for senior leadership and evaluate critical matters of risk, control, and compliance. Your technical expertise in finance, operations, and IT management will be put to work and allow you to deliver exceptional results tailored to meet the needs and offer solutions to their most valuable partners. On this team, there’s no limit to where you can have an impact and each day will represent an exciting new challenge.
This client is a rapidly expanding professional services firm focused on the Mid-Atlantic and they’re among the best when it comes to delivering forward-thinking solutions for their diverse portfolio of partners. In this environment, they maintain the same entrepreneurial spirit that led to their founding in 2003 and they continually strive to provide the most attractive professional growth/development opportunities for their people. Currently, they’re seeking a Risk Manager for their Advisory practice who will lead a robust team and spearhead multiple internal audit and consulting projects.
- Perform a key leadership role in delivering exceptional client service and developing strong client relationships.
- Be a trusted advisor to client management regarding various internal control processes.
- Manage multiple internal audit outsourcing, internal audit co-sourcing, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other risk consulting engagements.
- Work closely with engagement teams to plan engagements, develop audit project plans, monitor against progress, and provide quality deliverables on schedule.
- Facilitate each project’s risk assessment analysis and review process.
- Review audit team’s work-papers and audit findings.
- Facilitate the audit report writing process.
- Present audit findings to executive level process owners.
- Lead the development of action plans and recommendations based on the audit findings.
- Facilitate communication with and between external audit teams and executive management on various audit projects.
- Create and maintain the annual audit engagement project plan and budget, and the weekly/monthly audit schedule.
- Develop, coach, and evaluate seniors and staff.
- Lead the development of our practice, including developing our people, performing a key role in recruiting, building tools and templates, contributing to knowledge-sharing, and supporting business development.
- 5+ years of SOX Compliance and/or internal audit experience, with the majority of those years at a public accounting firm.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance or related field.
- CPA/CIA or equivalent.
- 2+ years of supervisory and/or managerial experience.
- Subject Matter Expert with SOX 404, COSO Integrated Controls Framework, and PCAOB Auditing Standard #5.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management and ability to lead and drive initiatives.
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings.
- CISA or equivalent.
- MS in accounting, information systems, or related field.
- Big Four Public Accounting Experience.
- Desire and passion for learning, professional growth, and development.