Senior Tax Advisor
Our team has the privilege of working with one of the most desirable end-to-end technology organizations in the U.S. and they’ve definitely generated a ton of “buzz” here in and around our Nation’s Capital. They exist as a world-leading IT services company with nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients (across 70 countries). With a global talent and extensive partner network, they deliver transformative digital solutions that help clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change.
As a member of their Tax Accounting and Reporting (TAR) team, you’ll be viewed as a subject matter expert as you spearhead tax maintenance and analysis. This vital role will allow you to work alongside the industry’s brightest accounting professionals and you’ll tackle some of the organization’s most challenging tax issues. Furthermore, you’ll develop guidance and recommend tax strategies for Senior Leadership. This organization continues to expand its global footprint and in their environment, your career progression faces no limits.
- Prepare and analyze highly complex tax records and reports to meet business needs; ensure records are current and accurate.
- Prepare highly complex local, state, and federal tax returns to meet business needs; ensure compliance with governmental tax laws.
- Lead assignments that may include conducting internal audits relating to tax matters, assisting with external tax audits, and preparing guidelines or policies related to tax compliance.
- Oversee preparation of claims for tax refunds; research inquiries from government agencies regarding filings, compliance, and other claims.
- Prepare statistical and financial reports designed to provide senior management with information on financial accounts.
- Ensure appropriate tax records are maintained for historical purposes.
- Conduct complex studies and provide guidance in improving the organization’s tax accounting operation.
- Review and analyze proposals for tax implications; recommend actions that meet business plans and manage tax liability.
- Provide tax review and modeling of proposed mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and restructuring.
- Work closely with other departments and/or senior management concerning tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.
- Collaborate with other departments and/or clients on special projects as needed.
- At least 5 years of relevant tax experience in a corporate or public accounting setting.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- CPA/CA or equivalent.
- Experience working with tax laws; may include domestic and international.
- Experience working with tax forms and processing.
- Experience working with accounting principles and accounting software and databases.
- Masters (MS/MST) degree.
- Big 4 Public Accounting background.
- Prior experience with SAP, OneSource or comparable software.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional, diverse and fast-paced environment.