The Financial Controller is always on a mission to optimize the return on our client’s financial assets. As a member of this team, you’re always looking for innovative ways to help our client invest for the future while limiting volatility and material surprises.
In addition to risk busting and asset management, you work collaboratively to administer business programs and provide financial analysis support to our client’s internal teams. You make creative yet calculated decisions that are backed by both experience and your extensive knowledge of the economy and financial industry.
- Partner with the senior management to build financial discipline throughout the organization and enable strong performance against strategic, financial, and operational goals
- Manage accounting operations, tax, and financial reporting; direct the daily activities for GL, AP, AR/Collections, revenue, commissions, payroll, and equity administration
- Lead annual financial audits and quarterly reviews, build strong auditor relationships, and partner internally to support operational and compliance programs
- Evaluate new technical accounting developments and recommend appropriate actions; drive process improvement at all levels of the Finance organization
- Prepare internal and external financial reporting, partner internally to prepare materials for board meetings, investor presentations and industry trade shows
- Implement effective internal controls and processes to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, integrity of corporate data, and safeguarding of assets
- Support corporate transactions including equity or debt financing, M&A, and IPO preparations.
- Build and manage a high performance team, actively participate in building a culture that is customer-focused and team-oriented
- 10+ years of progressive accounting management experience, including experience at both a major public accounting firm and one or more public technology companies.
- Have significant industry experience in consumer internet, software/SAAS, fintech, or related technology fields.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and technical accounting.
- Experience with M&A support and IPO process.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong presentation skills.
- Track record of building and developing high performance accounting teams in a fast paced organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, strong experience with Excel and related tools, exposure to FP&A
- Experience with SEC reporting and SOX compliance
- Experience taking private company through IPO or acquisition into a public company