Project Tax Accountant
Our team has the privilege of working with one of the most desirable commercial real estate organizations in the US and they’ve definitely been generating a ton of “buzz” here in District. They currently exist as the largest, publicly traded, pure-play real estate company focused on the DC market and their mixed-use portfolio is supremely diverse.
With this, we’re excited to announce a newly created Project Accountant position that fulfills a vital part of their Tax Department. This role is highly blended in nature and requires
excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize work that coincides with internal and external deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
This person will have frequent interaction with all levels of internal employees, as well as outside consultants (tax advisors, auditors, legal counsel, etc.). As such, this position provides exposure to all facets of our client’s operations and management. We’re looking for a person who is a self-starter willing to expand their real estate industry, accounting, and tax knowledge.
- Working with outside service providers, review property-level tax basis balance and Income Statements
- Setup and maintain property-level tax basis balance sheets and income statements in Yardi
- Prepare quarterly and annual projected taxable income calculations and REIT income tests and the Company’s asset tests
- Working with internal resources and outside service providers, coordinate fixed asset accounting and prepare reconciliations of tax fixed assets
- Prepare tax provision work papers for corporate entities
- Working with tax, IT, and accounting teams to help automate tasks
- Prepare state apportionment information and DC Combined return work papers
- Assist with various special projects as they arise
- 2- 5 years of accounting and/or tax experience.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and technical accounting.
- Prior experience in a public accounting firm.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong presentation skills.
- Track record of success with high-performance accounting teams in a fast-paced organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or CPA Candidate (eligible to sit for Exam).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong experience with financial statement preparation and debits/credits.
- Experience with a Big Four public accounting firm.