Your financial acumen makes you keenly aware of the bottom line, while your care for a sense of community makes you attentive to human connections. Together, these two traits make you a unique fit for our client’s organization. They rely on the accounting/finance team to help understand company goals, achieve the ambitions of their partners and make their residents’ dreams a reality. In this environment, you’ll have the opportunity to bring your passion for numbers, high-performance work ethics and heart for humanity to their award-winning workplace.
This client is an established real estate company with a diversified portfolio valued at over nine billion dollars. They exist as an organization of extraordinary business intelligence but keep their people at the center of everything they do. As a Property Accountant, you’ll fulfill a critical role in the day-to-day operation and in many ways, act as a mini CFO for your own portfolio of properties. The company continues to grow after more than 30 years and the potential for your own career growth in this environment is truly limitless.
- Maintain all aspects of accounting responsibility for at least 6 properties to include 1 or 2 properties of increased complexity.
- Preparation of monthly financial information in accordance with owner deadlines and requirements.
- Forecasting cash flow.
- Analysis of monthly financial statements.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Initiate monthly payments for debt service, owner distributions, etc.
- Calculation of monthly management fees and other fees.
- Monthly general ledger account analysis and balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Responsible for cash management of assets including determination of what can be paid weekly.
- Responsible for making all real estate tax and insurance payments timely to avoid late payments and penalties.
- Completion of annual and quarterly reporting requirements including income and expense surveys, sales and use tax, etc.
- Work with external audit and tax consultants.
- Communicate with property owners and personnel as necessary.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures and maintain effective internal controls.
- Work as a team player in evaluating and resolving discrepancies, as needed.
- Identify and implement process improvement.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in a corporate accounting setting.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask efficiently and independently.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn property management accounting processes, including the
useof any industry-specific software.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and relate effectively, productively, and positively with other Associates and owner contacts.
- Property Accounting experience.
- Previous experience with Yardi or Yardi Voyager.
- High degree of responsibility and initiative with the desire to advance beyond this position.