Senior Accountant, LATAM
Accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities within our client’s organization. As part of this team, you’ll know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports — and all this sounds like fun to you. Furthermore, you’ll strive to make your mark on a successful and growing team, and look to develop already strong business partnering skills. You’re an excellent communicator (both in English & Spanish) who enjoys collaborating with people who possess a diverse set of talents.
Our client is a global leader in the business advisory space and they’re dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. There’s currently a unique opportunity to join this hyper-smart team and they’re targeting a dynamic individual to handle all things accounting/finance for their LATAM (Colombia, Argentina, Mexico, and Brazil) practice. In this role, you’ll be viewed as a pivotal member of the team and the potential for growth/development is truly limitless in their environment.
- Prepare and post journal entries including cash accounts, fixed assets, taxes, cost allocations, AR reserves, rent, and others.
- Lead the payroll process for Mexico including recording and reconciling GL activity.
- Participate in the Inter-Company process between LATAM and other company entities researching and recording journal entries for outstanding items.
- Participate on the LATAM corporate budget, forecast and allocation process.
- Prepare bank account reconciliations.
- Maintain journal entry tracking spreadsheet for LATAM. Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations in Blackline and follow up on outstanding items.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects supporting the Assistant Controller and Controller.
- 3+ years of corporate finance and/or public auditing experience.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in business/accounting/finance or other applicable business disciplines.
- Experience preparing journal entries, account reconciliations and account analysis.
- Strong and practical working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Proven ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- CPA/CA or equivalent.
- Prior experience or education in Latin American countries.
- Experience with IBM Cognos TM1 or similar reporting software.