Senior Accountant, OIF
Our client’s Opportunity Investment Fund (OIF) group provides business-critical accounting/finance insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps drive new initiatives forward. This hyper-smart group remains focused on aligning the company’s highest-level financial priorities with effective day-to-day operations and helps evolve early-stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
This client exists as an elite, rapidly expanding commercial real estate organization and they’re looking for a dynamic Senior Accountant to spearhead accounting, finance, and special projects specifically for their Opportunity Investment Fund. In the Senior role, you’ll take on monthly lender draws, financial statements, and account reconciliations. You’ll report directly to the VP of Accounting and provide robust oversight, technical expertise, and help grow the team over time.
- Act as a mini-controller for a group of projects and perform all related accounting functions associated with these projects.
- Produce monthly lender draws, financial statements, and account reconciliations.
- Support the company’s Development and Management teams to produce monthly draws and other accounting information.
- Report on loan covenants, fund, residential, commercial and condo projects.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Produce monthly distribution and reporting for investors and partners.
- Effectively communicate with client management, external audit firms, and co-workers, including presenting audit results, project status, and other relevant topics.
- 3+ years of accounting and/or finance experience.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance or related field.
- Progress toward CPA and/or eligibility to sit for the exam.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management and ability to drive key initiatives.
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings.
- Big Four Public Accounting Experience.
- Experience with Yardi or similar accounting software.
- Desire and passion for learning, professional growth, and development.