Senior Accountant, FinTech
Accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities within our client’s organization. As a member of this company, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports — and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help them get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with leadership, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
Our client is an innovative start-up in the financial services space and they’re passionate about providing fast and straightforward funding solutions for businesses at a similar stage…currently small, but rapidly growing. They combine technology, experience, and common sense to provide diverse financing options that best align with the needs of a small business. As part of their high-functioning accounting team, you’ll share this vision while handling the company’s internal accounting functions. You’ll be a generalist, mastering the accounting concepts for your responsibilities, while retaining a broad knowledge of principles in other areas. This will allow you to continually learn and develop your skills while providing mobility to move among groups.
- Assist with the monthly close process by preparing journal entries and reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare monthly accrual entries.
- Prepare and review financials.
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with annual audit process.
- Assist with preparation of monthly investor reports.
- Develop processes and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Assist with implementing new business lines.
- Develop automated processes for routine tasks.
- Assist with ERP implementation project.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- CPA/CA or equivalent.
- Strong career progression and experience in public accounting.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Big 4 Public Accounting background.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent project management and analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with management.