Accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities within our client’s organization. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. Additionally, you’ll work closely with executive leadership to support their tax, budget, and financial reporting functions– and all this sounds like fun to you.
Every day’s a new challenge, and you’ll continually look for ways to help their team get better at what you do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you’ll collaborate with their nimble team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
- Manage accounting for multiple entities, funds and portfolio of projects, including financial reporting, management of cash flows during the construction phase (billing and invoicing customer, paying vendors, etc.), recording related revenues and cost of goods sold, etc.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations.
- Manage monthly journal entries and schedules for multiple entities.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close procedures, including consolidation, for multiple entities.
- Manage maintenance and updating of our client’s accounting software.
- Research technical accounting literature.
- Assist with creation, refinement and implementation of accounting policies & procedures.
- Help develop internal processes, metrics, and business decision-making as part of a nimble team.
- Work in cross-functional areas that are important for building the team and our client’s business.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- CPA or eligibility to sit for the Exam.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in public accounting or in a progressive organization.
- Big Four (public accounting) experience.
- FP&A and Budgeting experience.
- Exposure to Tax.
- Exposure to the Renewable/Solar energy industry.
- Excellent project management and analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with management.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and lead and drive complex initiatives.