Senior Property Accountant
Your financial acumen makes you keenly aware of the bottom line, while your care for a sense of community makes you attentive to human connections. Together, these two traits make you a unique fit for our client’s organization. They rely on the accounting/finance team to help understand company goals, achieve the ambitions of their partners and make their residents’ dreams a reality. In this environment, you’ll have the opportunity to bring your passion for numbers, high-performance work ethics and heart for humanity to their award-winning workplace.
This client is an established real estate company with a diversified portfolio valued at over nine billion dollars. They exist as an organization of extraordinary business intelligence but keep their people at the center of everything they do. As a Senior Property Accountant, you’ll fulfill a critical role in the day-to-day operation and in many ways, act as a mini CFO for your own portfolio of properties. The company continues to grow after more than 30 years and the potential for your own career growth in this environment is truly limitless.
- Review financial packages of 2-3 assigned property accountants to ensure accuracy.
- Train, develop and mentor assigned Residential Property Accountants.
- Maintain all aspects of accounting responsibility for those properties.
- Preparation of monthly financial information in accordance with owner deadlines and requirements.
- Forecasting cash flow.
- Analysis of monthly financial statements.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Initiate monthly payments for debt service, owner distributions, etc.
- Calculation of monthly management fees and other fees.
- Monthly general ledger account analysis and balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Resolution of problems and issues as needed.
- Responsible for cash management of assets including determination of what can be paid weekly.
- Cash management includes communication on all items involving cash shortfalls and cash surpluses that involve capital calls or distributions to owners.
- Responsible for making all real estate tax and insurance payments timely to avoid late payments and penalties.
- Communicate with property owners and personnel as necessary.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures and maintain effective internal controls.
- Work as a team player in evaluating and resolving discrepancies, as needed.
- Identify and implement process improvement.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in a corporate accounting setting.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Property Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to manage, review, and mentor more junior accountants.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn property management accounting processes, including the use of any industry-specific software.
- Previous experience with Yardi or Yardi Voyager.
- Strong personal enthusiasm and resourcefulness; can exhibit a sense of ownership and a commitment to achieving the company goals and an ability to overcome obstacles.
- High degree of responsibility and initiative with the desire to advance beyond this position.